7 CEUs (Minnesota POST)
Our one-day FTO Advanced course is intended for Field Training Officers who have been trained in a basic course. It focuses on continued development of your FTO as a trainer. No matter who trained your current FTOs, this refresher course will enhance their performance.
Our FTO Advanced course is targeted toward two groups:
- It can be used as a a refresher course for an officer who has already taken the FTO Basic course from Field Training Solutions, and who would like to feel more confident when training new recruits.
- It is also commonly used by experienced FTOs who were trained under a different program; this more condensed, 1-day version of our 3-day FTO Basic course will get both newly trained FTOs and experienced FTOs on the same page and hearing the same message in regards to their training and practice.
- Problem- and scenario-based training. This block presents two training methods that are well suited to the field training process, and should be in every FTO’s toolkit.
- DISC Personality Profile. Attendees will take the DISC Personality Profile in order to understand the impact of personality on communication, evaluation, and the positive relationship between the FTO and the recruit.
- DOJ recommendations for FTOs. In a recent consent decree, the Department of Justice field identified specific learning objectives for FTOs. Many of these learning objectives are consistent with learning research.
- Evaluation. We’ll evaluate case law to learn what the courts want from field training evaluation. We also put FTOs through calibration exercises to demonstrate the value of well-written definitions and behavioral anchors.
In keeping with DOJ recommendations, our FTO Advanced Course also covers:
- Learning preferences. Participants will take an assessment to determine how their brain best receives new information. More important, participants will learn how to adapt lessons to the learning preference of the recruit.
- Generational differences. The generation now entering the workforce requires a new approach. Learn more about the upcoming generation and the work environment they work best in.